Saturday, April 30, 2011

My Mom and Dad = Eternal Love

I love my Mom and Dad.
Today it was just me and them while we got my stuff all packed up to move me home. On the car ride home I was sitting in the middle between them in the truck. I watched them as they interacted with each other and I was suddenly hit with a deep love and gratitude that brought tears to my eyes. I think I've always known my parents love each other but, dude, the older I get the more and more I'm seeing how romantic my Dad is. For example today he showed me on his phone a "poem" to see what I thought because my Mom and I had been talking about song lyrics. With the words was a picture of my Mom and the words basically looked like something you might find in Shakespeare or something, it was really sweet and romantic. Then it suddenly hit me. My Dad wrote that. When I asked him he kept avoiding the question but I finally tricked him into admitting it later. I was almost shocked, I knew my Dad can be really sweet but I didn't know he could or would do something like that, something that mushy. ;) That's when the tears came as the reality of how blessed I am hit me. I KNOW my parents love each other, I know they will always be together. There are so many people in that world who can't say that about their parents. I don't know how I ended up so blessed to have parents like mine, but it is such a strength to me, such a treasure to me. I can't express what a blessing it is to have parents who I know love each other and always will. I am so, so blessed!
Words cannot express how much I love my Mom and Dad... Maybe I should write a song instead. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment