Saturday, April 16, 2011

Black Eyed Ems


I took a picture of my eye each morning to track the progress of the healing. It can't be seen but I also hit my mouth so for the first few days I couldn't really smile with my teeth showing because I had a big fat lip.


The morning after the accident




Day 2



Day 3


Day 4



Day 5




I'm just a little worried about the spot in my eye but it's looking better.


I quite taking pictures after that but it's healing pretty nicely. I was pretty positive the day that it happened but the next day I took one look in the mirror and had to fight back the tears and self-degrading thoughts. That was until the second day when the total tender mercy came to my attention. Someone asked me why I didn't put my hands out to stop my fall, because I really seriously, literally fell right on my face. I realized that was a little weird because usually we do put our hands out when we are falling just by instinct but I didn't at all. That's when it hit me that if I had, I could have seriously messed up my hands, even broken my wrists and that would have been fatal as the kind of music major I am. I was filled with gratitude as it hit me that the Lord truly is aware of me and is watching out for me. I can totally handle a messed up face now knowing that. In fact, I have worn it with pride, it's evidence that my Heavenly Father knows and loves me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment