I have a lot of things I want to do. And a lot of them have to do with learning. I guess you could call it my "Things I Want to Do" list. Some of my things are in the list on the side of my blog but there are a few that have been on my mind lately that aren't there. The first one has been on my mind because I actually got to do it. My Grandma recently bought a drumset for my family but until they have a place for it, it's staying up here with me, which means I get to play it. I've been practicing for an hour or more each day and I can now officially say I can play the drums! It is also SERIOUSLY helping me in my beat-boxing. Since I can read drum music and I know how to make the sounds with my mouth, I can beat-box pretty much anything I can play, plus some.
The other things that have been on my mind are kind of my "What I Want to Be When I Grow Up" list. Besides a homemaker and a musician/music writer since those are my number one choices and I'm currently already working towards those, when I get some time, I have four other things I want to do so far.
1) Go to beauty school. No offense to anyone, but I used to think of that as what the cheerleaders did and girls who didn't have very high goals or aspirations in life (I know, totally stereo typing there). But my view is changing (although I still wouldn't do that as my only higher education or make it more than a side thing). I mean hey, I could cut my own hair and my family's hair, I could do it from home, and I would almost always have a job. I just think it would be a cool skill to have. :)
2) Get my CNA. So should have done that in high school... Oh, well, I guess we live and learn. I don't think I could handle being a full out nurse like my Dad has talked to me about before, but if I had my CNA I would work at rest homes and places like that and would totally love it.
3) Be a "professional" photographer. I wouldn't want to do like a whole college degree in this, but I would love to get a really nice camera and take some classes and be able to do engagement/wedding pictures or graduation pictures, or just beautiful, awesome pictures.
4) Get a commercial driver's license. I have no idea what I would ever use this for, but I just want to have one. Maybe it has something to do with my Dad being a truck driver. ;) I really have no idea, I just want to be able to say I have it. :)
So yep, that's the other things I want to be when I grow up, or I guess a better way to put it would be skills I want to have. This list may grow over time, I mean at one time I thought about being a counselor or an animal trainer, and both of those would be cool I guess, but I'm liking these four a lot better right now. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment